Mango Summer Salad

Crisp lettuce, sweet mango slices and sharp red onions combine to make this a deliciously simple summer salad. With a light and slightly spicy dressing, this salad was a hit with my family.

DRESSING:
juice of 1 lime, approximately 2 tablespoons lime juice
2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon vinegar
1/4 teaspoon chile powder, I used NM red chile powder
1/8 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
2 tablespoons light flavored olive oil
SALAD:
6 cups lettuce, chopped or torn into bite size pieces, I used a blend of red and green leaf lettuces and some spring mix as well
2 mangoes, sliced thin
1/4 red onion, sliced as thinly as possible

Whisk together dressing ingredients and set aside. Prepare the lettuce, mangoes and onion and toss together.

Immediately before serving, drizzle with about 1/2 of the dressing and toss gently. Taste and adjust dressing accordingly. I used about 2/3 of the dressing for our salad.

Click here to return to Barefeet In The Kitchen