Sweet Orange Sauce

This Orange Sauce has been a favorite part of our weekend breakfasts for as long as I can remember. My grandmother served this sauce over her German Pancakes and every time I make it I remember fantastic breakfasts in her home. I will post again later today with a special German Pancake recipe just for this sauce.

Sweet Orange Sauce
Yield: 2 cups

1 1/3 cups water
1/3 cup orange juice concentrate
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons arrowroot or cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon butter

Whisk together the dry ingredients and set aside. Combine the water and the orange juice concentrate in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk them together and then add the dry ingredients. Cook the mixture, stirring frequently, until the sauce is clear and thickened. This should take about 8-10 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter. Serve warm and Enjoy!

Any remaining sauce will keep well in the refrigerator for up to a week.

Click here to return to Barefeet In The Kitchen