A few weeks ago, someone I was talking
to mentioned apple nachos and I suddenly had a picture of apple slices
drizzled in peanut butter dancing through my head. I googled it and stumbled across a lovely photo of apple nachos at Manifest Vegan. I couldn’t resist making a version of them for my kids while we were at our cabin this past week.
Crisp
apple slices are drizzled with melted and gooey peanut butter and then
topped with a handful of pecans and just a sprinkling of chocolate and
coconut. My kids flipped out over this dessert and talked about it for a couple of days.
Apple Nachos
2 apples, crisp and tart varieties will work best
1/4 cup peanut butter, chunky or creamy will work fine
1/4 cup pecan halves
2 tablespoons chocolate chips
1-2 tablespoons coconut flakes
In
a small glass bowl, melt the peanut butter in the microwave until it is
smooth and runny. Thinly slice the apples and scatter the pieces across
a large plate. Drizzle the melted peanut butter across the slices, top
with pecans, chocolate chips and coconut. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Click here to return to Barefeet In The Kitchen
Click here to return to Barefeet In The Kitchen
